Warehouse safety services
The absence of warehouse occupational health and safety systems can result in a a range of high potential / high risk incidents and accidents from forklifts, racking, movement of vehicles, management of contractor activities and manual handling. In this article we detail some of our work safety in warehouses services and provide links to our library of information on improving safety.
Safetysure provides a range of services to assist in improving safety in your warehouse. These include:
- Warehouse / Distribution Centre safety audits;
- Safety inspections;
- Warehouse Traffic Management Plans;
- Development of safety procedures;
- Safety assessments;
- Safety training.
- Warehouse noise surveys;
- Warehouse lighting surveys;
- Warehouse dust assessment;
- Manual handling audits;
The development of effective work health and safety management systems in warehouses in considered a core component of managing an effective and compliant operation. In most Australian States legislative requirements exist covering:
Warehouse accident prevent
Operators of warehouse should seek to ensure that the following accidents are prevented at their operation as a minimum.
- strains from repetitive movements, like manual order picking or loading and unloading;
- injuries from lifting, pushing and pulling heavy loads;
- machinery and vehicle noise;
- slips and trips ;
- falls from height, such as when unloading a truck;
- being hit by forklifts and trucks;
- exposure to chemicals (for example, fumes or carbon monoxide in enclosed shipping containers);
- fatigue from shift work
- cold and heat (including working in cold rooms)
While many people assume a safety policy or procedure will be sufficient, it can take a range of work to make your warehouse safe and compliant with work health & safety regulatory requirements.
You might like to read one of our related articles:
- Managing Racking Safety in Warehouses
- Safety Barriers in Warehouses
- Traffic management in Warehouses
- Work health & safety in the retail wholesale trade
- Forklift safety spotlight
- 6 Most Common Warehouse Hazards and How to Prevent Them
- Most common warehouse injuries
- Runaway vehicle reminder
If you need assistance in managing work safety in warehouses or work safety in distribution centres, please feel free to contact us for a no obligation free quote. You can call Safetysure on 1300 087 888 or chat live below. Our full range of professional safety services is available here.
You might also like to read our article on the legal implications of warehouse accidents